I’m Brad, Victoria’s boyfriend. I’ve had enough of Vicky’s celebrity and I decided to get in on the action while she's on vacation. Today's post is from a meal I made last weekend...
If you're anything like me, you know it's not summer until your first BBQ. No matter how many triple digit thermometer pics you see on your news feed, or what the tanned skin you see in the mirror suggests to you, summer does not truly start until you have a homemade burger and an Ice Cold Beer.
The past few weeks have brought thunderstorms and heat waves to us out here in the Midwest. But this weekend we decided that we were going to have a BBQ rain or shine, and that is exactly what we did.
- Ground Beef - 1/3 lb burger patty
- Sea Salt & Fresh Black Pepper
- Fresh Avocado
- Diced Red Onions
- 2 Cage-Free Extra Large Eggs
1. Season the meat - Salt/Pepper to taste
2. Dice onions - these can be chopped or diced - I prefer diced because the taste of a huge hunk of red onion is a bit overpowering for me
3. Slice/mash avocado - We prefer to mash the avocado into a paste and use it as a smear
4. Grill Bread - A dash (or a splash) of olive oil in a pan and grill until crispy
5. Pan-fry the meat - Medium Heat - 5 minutes or so each side
6. Fry up an egg - Sunny-Side up ---> this is the key to the entire dish. do not let the yolk break!
7. Assemble and serve
8. Pour yourself an ice cold beer, and enjoy
And of course, little Gracie was able to enjoy her first burger as well...delicious!